This post contains affiliate links for which we are paid a small percentage when you make a purchase. I received some of the product featured in this post for free from iLoveToCreate, Kunin Group Felt, and Plaid Crafts.
When I got invited to be a part of a DIY fall wreaths hop, I was skeptical. The instructions were to make a wreath that wasn't covered in acorns and the color orange – that's a “tall order”! Then it hit me – PUMPKIN. SPICE. LATTE. This DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte inspired fall wreath was so much fun to make and surprisingly affordable. It's everything fall without the wheat sprays and obligatory orange leaves. Okay, it does have some of those but only a sprinkle *wink wink*.
So let's talk about what makes this PSL fall wreath so very very “PSL”:
The key to this wreath is the genuine Starbucks coffee cup on the front of the wreath. When I told the guy at the Starbucks counter what I was doing, he gave me a cup in each size. Talk about customer service! You definitely want to use a fresh, clean cup for this DIY wreath project.
You can refer to this meme for guidance. It was on the internet so it must be true, right?!
Here are all of the elements you'll need:
- Starbucks cup with PSL marked on the side. Because PSL.
- Fake sheepskin boots. I don't wear them but I was almost trampled at Starbucks by women padding by softly on their way to PSL heaven. So Uggs for sure.
- PSL letters. Just in case someone dos NOT know what I am trying to say. Or they want to bring me a coffee before knocking on my front door.
- Cinnamon sticks. You know, “spice” and stuff.
- Pumpkin. Really, you want me to explain that one?!
- Yarn because sheepskin boots go with chunky sweaters. Every wreath wishes it was a chunky sweater with a PSL and wooden buttons.
- Fall leaves and baubles because in case the message is not clear, this is a FALL WREATH, y'all.
Here are the supplies you'll need to make this PSL fall wreath come to life:
- Aleene's Tacky Glue – it's the bestest
- 12″ diameter Smoothfoam wreath form
- chunky yarn – 1 skein will cover this 12″ diameter wreath form
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- one 9″ x 12″ sheet Kunin Eco-Fi® Classicfelt™ – Cashmere Tan
- one 9″ x 12″ sheet Kunin Eco-Fi® Classicfelt™ – Copper Canyon
- two 12″ x 6″ sheets of chipboard
- sharp scissors
- floral and real fall laves
- beaded sprays in fall colors
- needle and tan thread
- cotton ball
- wood heart
- PLAID® Folk Art® Chunky Glitter Acrylic Paint – Gold
- PLAID® Folk Art® Multi-Surface Metallic Acrylic Paint – 14K Gold
- P, S, L letters – I got these on clearance at Michaels this week. It's the letter motherlode over there right now!
You'll also need the pattern to cut the sheepskin boots: Mini sheepskin boot pattern
Watch this video to see how to put it all together
This project takes about 2 hours to complete – the wrapping of the wreath form with the yarn is what will take most of the time. But it is OH so worth it, right?
I would LOVE if you made one of these and shared it with me!! Ready for more wreath ideas?
17 amazing diy fall wreath ideas:
Thank you so much for visiting us here at Just JP today! Click on each wreath in the image above to visit each blog and see how they made them. Which one is your favorite? You'd better say mine or the one from Three Mint Balloons! LOL But seriously…