Smart Fun DIY features smart, practical DIY that helps people lead a more purposeful modern life. All of the projects, recipes, products, and ideas we share have a common thread: they are SMART (save money, recycle or upcycle, solve problems easily, are healthy) and they are DIY (readers can do this themselves). We work our blended cultures of Latino, African-American, and American into our recipes, family stories, home improvement projects, and crafts. When we work with sponsors, we are in it for the long haul! We share smart DIY products and solutions that we'd actually use. If you think your company is a good fit, keep reading to see some ways we can work together.
Click here for the Smart Fun DIY disclosure policy
Let's work together! But first, here are a few things I DON'T do:
- I do NOT accept requests for guest posts, paid dofollow link placements, link exchanges, or text links
Let's get started:
I accept sponsored posts here at Smart Fun DIY. Yes, I do!
I love working with sponsors because it helps us keep the DIY machine moving, from paying for our hosting and marketing to paying the electric bill and buying camera equipment and editing software. Plus there's all the fun craft supplies, food ingredients, and travel accommodations we buy to make the fun DIY projects here happen.
I've worked with big brands, small companies, etsy shops, artists, and all kinds of companies either directly, through PR firms, and through blogging networks. If your product or service is something our Smart Fun DIY readers will enjoy, we're totally up to working out a plan that works for both us! Email me to discuss this further.
99% of the sponsored content we create is paid in actual dollars. As much as I love “free” product, I'd rather lay on the couch and watch Real Housewives than slave over my stove cooking and filming for 3 hours and then writing for another 2 hours to promote a “free” $15 spatula. I rewrote this paragraph many times but I figure keeping real is best. It's not smart business to spend 5 hours to get a $15 product. And I'm all about the smart stuff!
We accept product exchanges rarely and on a case by case basis, typically for high ticket items (over $1000), travel accommodations (over $1000), and products we just love (looking at you, etsy shops!). If you think your product fits this criteria, we'd love to hear from you.
How we work with sponsors:
Blog Campaigns + Sponsored Posts
- Long term campaigns (ex: 30 Days of Halloween)
- Short Term campaigns (ex: CanvasPop)
- Product reviews and features
- Accepting Ambassador positions
Video Content Creation
- I can create original video content for your channels or ours, for all platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and more.
- I can edit your content to create videos for your social channels
- I edit exclusively within the Adobe suite of programs
LIVE video hosting
- I would love to host a Facebook LIVE for you on your Page or my Page using your product
- Saturday Morning Crafts Lie show – on Saturdays my 10 year old son and I do kids crafts live on Facebook. We are always accepting sponsors.
- I can use your existing content to create content for new platforms, such as Pinterest pins and Facebook videos
- I can repackage content into roundups and other new content
Consulting + Influencer Program Building
- Service available via Rainmaker Media Works
- Build an influencer program for your brand, find influencers, and run campaigns
- Social Media Marketing Consulting
- Craft Business Consulting, Product Testing, Focus Group participation
For our most recent stats, please request a media kit. These stats updated May 22, 2017: