Here's how to make this Coffee Tray for your own home!
- Sand the tray to remove any rough edges since this tray will be handled alot.
- Apply PLAID FolkArt Home Decor Wood Tint in Cascade (34857) to the wood to cover. Allow to dry.
- Apply a second coat of PLAID FolkArt Home Decor Wood Tint in Cascade (34857) to the wood. Allow to dry.
- Sand away parts of the wood tint to reveal the raw wood.
- Apply Delta Ceramcoat Select Multi-Surface Stain Acrylic Paint in Shadow Gray (04037) to the exposed wood using a foam brush. Blend with the wood tinted areas of the tray. Allow to dry.
- Apply PLAID Multi-Surface Stain Acrylic paint in Titanium White (2938) to the Medium Aztec Tile Design and the Small Aztec Tile Design PLAID Fabric Creations Block Printing Stamps using a Fabric Creations Sponge Cube. Stamp randomly onto the front of the tray. Allow to dry.
- Dry brush the tray with PLAID Multi-Surface Stain Acrylic paint in Titanium White (2938) and Delta Ceramcoat Select Multi-Surface Stain Acrylic Paint in Shadow Gray (04037) for a distressed look.
- Sand the tray to further distress it.
- Apply two coats of PLAID FolkArt Home Decor Varnish to seal the tray, allowing the first coat to dry before applying the next.
Watch this video to see how to make a DIY Coffee Station in a wood tray:
I also teamed up with Yolanda Soto-Lopez from All Crafts Channel to create this project – we each created a DIY TRAY! Check out her project below:
I hope you enjoyed these two projects to make customized and functional home decor with TRAYS!
Fill the tray with ceramic cups and baskets to hold tea bags, sugar packets, and more. I got these at Michael's! Add a spinner with K Cups in it and the coffee station is ready for use!
For more DIY projects like this, tips and tricks, and more, SUBSCRIBE!