Authentic Mexican Rice or Arroz Rojo.
• 1 cube of Knorr Caldo de Tomate
Bouillon (Tomato Bouillon w/ Chicken
• 2 cups of medium grain rice
• 3 cups of water
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce
• 1/2 small onion, diced
• 13 oz. bag of frozen peas
• 1 tsp minced garlic
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 cup of water and add 1 cube of Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon (Tomato Bouillon w/ Chicken
Flavor). Break up the bouillon with a fork and stir until dissolved completely. Set aside.
2. In a sauce pan, heat the oil.
3. Add the onion and garlic, cooking until translucent.
4. Add the rice. Stir constantly to toast the rice and avoid burning it.
5. Once the rice has a golden brown color, add the tomato sauce, prepared bouillon, and water.
6. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from
7. Once the water has reduced by 80%, stir in half of the 13 oz. bag of frozen peas. Cover and continue
cooking until all the water has evaporated.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Keywords: Mexican Food, Rice, Side Dish