EASY Chicken Tamales Recipe and Pork Tamales for Las Posadas with HERDEZ #MisPosadas #LasPosadas
A delicious authentic chicken tamales recipe. These chicken tamales are so easy to make, you’ll never buy tamales again!
- Prep Time: 5 hours
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 5 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 24
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 – 3lb pack of frozen chicken breasts
- 1.5 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 diced onions
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 2 – 16 oz. jar HERDEZ® Brand Salsa Verde
- 1 – 28 oz. can HERDEZ® Enchilada Sauce Green Chili
- 1 bag of corn husks
- 10 lbs prepared masa
- Prepare all ingredients, except for the corn husks and masa, in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook the meat for 4 hours on HIGH until fork tender. Shred the meat with a fork.
- Soak the corn husks in warm water to soften.
- Flatten the corn husk against the palm of your hand.
- Using a spoon, spread an even layer of masa, about 1/2″ thick, over the corn husk, covering about a 3″ x 6″ area.
- Spoon the chicken filling into the center of the masa rectangle.
- Roll the sides of the corn husk around the meat filling. Fold up the tapered end of the corn husks.
- Place the tamales vertically into a stock pot with about 1/2″ of water in the bottom. Steam until the masa is semi-translucent on the edges.
- Serving Size: 1 Tamale
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: .5
- Sodium: 274
- Fat: 23.2
- Saturated Fat: 8.1
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Fiber: 4.7
- Protein: 20.9
- Cholesterol: 67
Keywords: Mexican Food, Tamales