Mini Carne Asada Taco Recipe with Calbacitas – Game Day Recipe
Mini tacos with a secret ingredient: zucchini!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 36 tacos 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 36 street taco size corn tortillas
- 1/2 lb carne asada (beef flank steak or flap meat, seasoned and marinated)
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 poblano peppers or 3 Anaheim chiles
- olive oil
- 1/4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- Toss with spices and olive oil to coat.
- Toss poblano peppers in olive oil.
- Place carne asada and poblano peppers on the grill. Place zucchini in a grill pan on the grill.
- When cooked, remove the peppers, wrapping them in a damp towel. This will steam them in their own heat from grilling, making it easier to remove the peels.
- Put on gloves and peel, seed, and de-stem the peppers. Dice the peppers into 1/2″ cubes.
- Dice the carne asada and zucchini.
- Shred the cheese.
- Spoon small amounts of each ingredient onto mini corn tortillas (street taco size).
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan on medium-high temp until 365º F.
- Using tongs, lower the folded taco into the oil. Lay taco on one side and cook until golden brown. Flip onto the other side.
- Carefully remove the taco with tongs, avoiding tilting the taco. It’s tempting to tilt the taco to let the oil run out into the pan but small bits of the taco and water from the insides can drip into the pan and cause the oil to pop.
- Tilt the taco in a bread pan lined with paper towels to allow the oil to drain down into the paper towels.
- Serve with Knorr’s Creamy Chipotle Dip.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 215.1 mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 7.6g
Keywords: Mexican Food, Tacos