Perfect for Christmas dinner, these smoked Cornish Game Hens will become a holiday tradition!
• 2 Tyson® All Natural Premium
• 1/2 orange, cut into wedges
• 1/2 onion, cut into large chunks
• 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
• 10 fresh sage leaves
• 6 cloves of fresh garlic
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Hickory wood chips, soaked
• 1/2 fresh orange, sliced into rounds
• 2 cups orange juice
• 2 Tbsp orange blossom honey
• 6 star anise
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 2 shots (3 oz.) Grand Marnier
• Zest from 1 orange
1. Stuff each Cornish Game Hen with half of the herbs, onions, garlic, and orange wedges.
2. Salt and pepper the Cornish Game Hen. Rub the salt and pepper into the skin.
3. Squeeze the juice from one orange wedge onto the skin.
4. Place the Cornish Game Hens onto a hot grill with a smoker box attached. The Hens should have some
space between them so the smoke can surround them on all sides.
5. Close the lid of the grill.
6. Load the smoker box with wet wood chips.
7. Smoke the Cornish Game Hens for 1.5 to 2 hours, until the internal temperature of the hen is 165 F. Smoker
temperature should be between 225F and 250F.
8. Remove the Hens from the grill and place on a baking sheet.
9. Prepare the glaze by heating all ingredients in a sauce pan. Reduce by half on medium high heat.
10. Apply the glaze to then hens using a brush.
Keywords: game hen, cornish game hen, Christmas dinner, Thanksgiving, Christmas