Paleo Chorizo Hash with Butternut Squash and Kale
A delicious kale and butternut squash hash with chorizo.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 2 links D’Artagnan Foods All Natural Chorizo (spanish style)
- 12 oz of cubed butternut squash
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped (remove stems)
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 can of La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Dice the chorizo links into bite sized pieces.
- 2. Saute onion in butter in a pan until translucent.
- 3. Add the chorizo and squash. Cook until the squash is cooked but still firm.
- 4. Add two chipotle peppers, diced.
- 5. Add 1 Tbsp of the adobo sauce from the can of peppers to the pan.
- 6. Add the chicken stock. Cook until the chicken stock is reduced.
- 7. Add kale. Cook until the kale just wilts. Remove from heat immediately and serve.
- If you don’t like spicy foods, use less chipotle peppers or skip them altogether.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 558
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 36
Keywords: chorizo, hash, paleo