“Kitchen Sink” Paleo Slow Cooker Recipe – Pork Loin Recipe
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
- 2 pork loins – I cook 2 so I will have leftovers for salads, tacos, and more later in the week
- Garlic, fresh or ground
- Bouillon or broth (2-4 cups)
- Mexican flavors – Cumin, Chili Powder, cilantro, paprika, adobo sauce
- Italian flavors – oregano, red chili flake, basil, rosemary, balsamic vinegar, olive oil
- Asian flavors – lemon grass, ginger, turmeric, chinese 5-spice, or curry, coconut aminos
- Onions – must have some kind of onion. If you only have half a shallot and half a red onion, that can work. Combine onions, shallots, and green onions until you have at least one cup of “onion”
- Potatoes, carrots, and Celery are good any time but you can skip them if you don’t have any. Consider using sweet potatoes.
- Mexican flavors – tomatoes (any variety), tomatillos, peppers, cilantro, radishes, chipotle peppers, and bell peppers
- Italian flavors – squash, tomatoes, fresh basil, mushrooms, radishes, leeks
- Asian flavors – lemon, bean sprouts, Thai basil, peppers, mushrooms, rice noodles (paleo lite), radishes, leeks, bok choy, fennel
- Other vegetables – turnips, pumpkin, beets
- Chop all of the vegetables.
- Place the pork loins in the bottom of the slow cooker pot.
- Add chopped vegetables, spices, and bouillon or broth on top.
- Add water to cover the meat if broth did not cover.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours until the eat shreds with a fork.