Grilled Paleo Tuna Recipe with Cilantro Lime Marinade
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 fresh tuna filets (can substitute with salmon or mahi mahi, depending on what fish your Walmart stocks)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro diced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- olive oil (to brush on fish while on the grill)
- Mix the marinade and pour over the fish. Marinate for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Cook the fish on the grill over hot coals with the skin side down.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes depending on desired firmness (cook longer for firmer fish). Before flipping, brush with olive oil to prevent the fish from sticking to the grill.
- Flip the fish over and peel away the skin.
- Continue cooking for 3 minutes. Before removing from the flame, flip the fish to get grill marks on the side the skin was on.
- Remove fish from the grill. Serve on a bed of lettuce for a salad or on masked cauliflower with grilled veggies.