3 Ingredient Easy Velveeta Cheese Log Recipe
This delicious creamy cheese log is deceptively easy to make, with just 3 ingredients including Velveeta and cream cheese! It will quickly become one of your most requested go-to party dishes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb block of Velveeta
- 2 – 8 oz packs of cream cheese
- 2 – 4 oz cans of Ortega diced green chiles
- Lay the block of Velveeta onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Lay a piece of wax paper on top.
- Press the cheese to flatten. The roll with a rolling pin to flatten to 1/2″ thick.
- Repeat with the 2 blocks of cream cheese.
- Place each sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes to stiffen.
- Peel one side of the wax paper away from sheet of cheese. Press the exposed sides together.
- Lay the double sheet down on the table with the cream cheese side facing up. Peel away the wax paper from the other side of the cream cheese layer.
- Drain the diced green chiles. Spread the green chiles over the cream cheese.
- Starting at one end, roll the cheese layers onto themselves, peeling away the wax paper from the back.
- Place the roll onto a platter and surround with Wheat Thins crackers.
Guests can use the crackers or chips to scoop up the cheese to eat it. Or serve with a cheese knife for easy spreading.
- Serving Size: 1/16 of the log
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 2.1
- Sodium: 524
- Fat: 15.9
- Saturated Fat: 9.7
- Carbohydrates: 4.3
- Protein: 7.2
- Cholesterol: 51
Keywords: appetizer, dip, party food, cheese log