Welcome to the Parks and Recreation EPIC Blog Hop! I've joined together with 8 other bloggers to create and share crafts inspired by the NBC show, Parks and Recreation, starring Amy Poehler. This fall the show enters it final season, Parks and Recreation Season 7! We'll miss Parks and Rec but the show will live on in “craft” through this Parks and Recreation Crafts EPIC Blog Hop.
I couldn't decide what I wanted to make because Parks & Rec is filled with 100s of pieces of amazing hilariousness that can be turned into a craft. So I did TWO things (overachiever, yo!):
- A Lil' Sebastian Memorial Necklace
- AND a set of “Free Advice” Printables
I was inspired by this Free Advice printable found on Pinterest:
But what about all the other Parks a& Rec characters with great, life-changing advice, like Tommy Haverford! I made a few printables filled with advice from some of my favorite characters from Parks & Recreation. Warm up that printer and get ready to inspire your co-workers!
Click to download a pdf: Tom Haverford Free Advice – hydrangeahippo
And what's Parks and Rec without Leslie Knope? She has the best advice… *snicker*
Click to download a pdf: Leslie Knope Free Advice – hydrangeahippo
Whose office are you gonna hang these in?
Enough computer play … now time for crafts! Who can ever forget Lil' Sebastian? Create this memorial Lil' Sebastian necklace to wear in rememberance of him, always: animal, legend, friend. Create this necklace in one evening using some basic household supplies and some jewelry supplies. The metal stamps and stamped metal tag are optional.
- Tan/Nude Nail Polish
- Brown Spray Paint
- Plastic Toy Horse
- Drill with Small Drill Bit
- Head Pin
- 2 Jump Rings
- Ball Chain, 18″
- Metal Tag
- Metal Stamps
- Metal Stamping Hammer and Tool Set
- Jewelry Pliers
- Nail Polish Remover
- Cotton Ball
- Drill a hole though the top of the horse toy to the bottom.
- Spray paint the horse with brown spray paint and allow to dry.
- Using metal stamps, stamp the words “animal, legend, friend” onto a small metal tag.
- Color in the letters with Sharpie marker. Remove the excess ink with a cotton ball and nail polish remover.
- Attach the tag to an 18″ long piece of ball chain using a jump ring.
- Thread a head pin from the bottom of the horse to the top. Create a loop at the top of the head pin and trim.
- Apply nail polish to the mane and tail of the horse to create the look of Lil' Sebastian. Allow to dry
- Attach the horse to the tag and chain with a jump ring.
You know you want to wear it and remember sweet Lil' Sebastian every day. There, there Leslie… there, there.
Now, head on over to the other 8 blogs in the hop to see what Parks & Rec inspired crafts they created!