I have been compensated by Sundown Naturals® and Pollinate Media Group for this post as part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sundown Naturals® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #GoodnessGiveaway #sharethegoodness http://my-disclosur.es/OBstV
As I get closer to my 40s (OMG I only have like, one year left!) health and wellness are more important to me than ever. Living healthier doesn't have to be hard. I'm super busy, I'm not a fitness nut, and I still want to live a life filled with food, fun, and french fries … I mean “friends”! If I can do this, you can do this!! From adult gummy vitamins to how to get those 10,000 steps in, today I'm sharing 4 ways to live healthier that are easy to turn into habits and aren't hard at all.
1. Walk 10,000 steps a day
When I first heard this number, I thought it was a lot of steps. But it actually isn't. It's really do-able! Depending on your height, 10,000 steps is a little more or less than 5 miles. We noticed when we go to Disneyland, I usually log about 17,000-20,000 steps while my husband logs 13,000-15,000. He is exactly one foot taller than me so with his long legs, he takes fewer steps to travel the same distance. I wasn't built for distance, what can I say?
Usually you'd wear a pedometer to measure your steps but I just use a fitness tracking app on my cellphone. You can also use a fitness band that tracks activity. With the phone, it won't track steps when it's not in your pocket.
I like to use the number of steps as an activity marker. I try to hit 5,000 steps by noon and no later than 3pm. That's about the halfway point in my day. A trip to the grocery store will log about 3,000 steps. Make the rest up by getting up and cleaning the house, walking the dog, or walking around the block at work. A friend of mine will pace around her house if she finds she hasn't reached her step goal when it’s too late to go walking. You'd be surprised how much better you'll feel by tracking your movement and making sure you get those 10,000 steps in!
2. Take a daily multi-vitamin – gummy vitamins for grownups!
My doctor has been saying this to me for years but it just never appealed to me. That is until I found Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies Vitamins at Walmart. We're always trying to stay on top of our game and Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies Vitamins can help us do just that. Plus they taste good too!
Right now I am taking several varieties of Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies Vitamins:
- Calcium Gummies– my doctor recommended I take a calcium supplement for bone health and because I don't do dairy anymore. These have a gummy bear type of taste with a touch of sugar.
- Probiotic Gummies with 2 Billion Live Cultures– I just finished a round of antibiotics so I am taking this to help support my digestive system. These taste like jelly beans!
- Caffeine Free B12 Gummies for Energy Support– since I cut out coffee, I have been missing that yummy coffee taste. These B12 vitamins have a yummy coffee and chocolate flavor, providing 1500 mcg of potent B12, ensuring you get the energy metabolism support you need.
- Melatonin Gummies – My doctor recommended finding a melatonin supplement to help promote sleep. With gummy vitamins, I can just chew them while reading a book before I go to sleep, no extra bathroom breaks needed!
Walmart is THE place to find Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies Vitamins for the whole family! Free from dairy, gluten, and artificial flavors◊, Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies Vitamins make sense for our busy lives. Take this fun quiz to see which Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies Vitamins are right for you: Gummy Match Quiz.
Enter the Goodness Giveaway Sweepstakes today! Head into Walmart and purchase at least 1 Sundown Naturals® vitamin product for a chance to win weekly prize packages and a grand prize! Every week, one winner will be selected to choose from 1 of 4 prize packs – Yogi Pack, Fitness Pack, Foodie Pack, or a $100 Walmart Gift Card. Simply upload a picture of your receipt here and you are entered for a chance to win some incredible prizes now through 11/1!
3. Drink water
A few years ago I switched to just drinking water and tea. I brought back coffee for a year but a couple weeks ago I switched back to drinking just water and tea again. It's not hard for me to drink enough water because I have been doing it for so long. That said, I totally understand why it is so hard for people to drink water; they're drinking sodas, coffee, juice, and other things instead of water!
I had to attend to this weight loss class at the VA and nobody there was able to drink more than one or two glasses of water a day. They all said it tasted weird and then they all started naming off all of the other things they drink. In the class they recommended that we all drink eight 8 ounce glasses of water per day. The person leading the class made a remark that “no one really does that.” I had to disagree! I DO that! I drink 8 glasses of water a day and then some!
The first step it to stop drinking all of the other things we drink. This includes water flavored with sugar-free flavor packets. Just drink water. The first couple of days, water will taste nasty. Filtered or bottled water will taste better than tap water so try that if you really dislike tap water.
Whatever you drink out of now, fill that with water. I have a large insulated tumbler from a coffee chain that I used to get fancy iced coffees in. Now, I fill it up with ice and then water in the morning and start drinking that instead of iced coffee. if you have a favorite coffee mug or travel cup, fill it with water.
To track your water intake, use a fitness app on your cellphone or you can mark it off in your planner. I got these really cute planner stencils on Etsy that help me draw boxes in my planner for tracking how much waster I drink. Every time I drink a cup, I color in a square. If I finish off the insulated tumbler filled with water, I'll color in 2.5 boxes because it holds 20 ounces of water.
4. Exercise when you take work breaks.
I've seen people recommend regular work breaks but I have work to get done! If you're like me, much of your work day is spent sitting in a desk chair, working on a computer. This is terrible for your back, your posture, and your activity level. I don't take regular work breaks and there's no boss telling me that I need to “take my 15”.
Here are some ideas of ways to be more active on your breaks (or when you can't take a break):
- Going to the restroom: on the way back, I stop at my bedroom wall and do 10 to 20 wall pushups. CLICK HERE to see how to do wall pushup.
- Oh the phone: If I don't need to access the computer while on the phone, I put in my bluetooth and sweep the floor, straighten up the house and my office, and put things away, walking as much as I can.
- Fill your water cup: walk to the kitchen or break room and fill your water cup. Take the long way back or try to do a couple laps before sitting back down.
- At the desk: About once an hour I stretch and raise my hands above my head. I will also sit on the edge of my chair and do leg lifts when I am editing photos or waiting for something to upload to YouTube.
- If you get a work break, WALK. Get those 10,000 steps in!
All of these 4 easy ways to live healthier in your 40s don't require any extra time out of your day. I hope you will find them easy to incorporate into your daily routine. Probably taking the vitamins is the easiest thing you can do *wink wink*
Before you go, don't forget to go enter the Goodness Giveaway from Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies Vitamins!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. ◊Applies to all products manufactured after 5/1/15. Please check back of label as manufacture dates may vary.