Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
Taquitos are the ultimate party food – easy to dip, easy to make, and delicious! While taquitos aren't necessarily Mexican food, they've got all the right flavors. These Garlic Lime Baked Chicken Taquitos are perfect paired with Knorr's Creamy Chipotle Dip for a fall party, around the Thanksgiving table, or for an easy midweek dinner. And did I mention they are baked, and not fried! That's a total win right there…
These baked taquitos need an amazing dip to go with – check out Knorr's Creamy Chipotle Dip recipe below. You can pick up the ingredients for this dip, including Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise and Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon, at Walmart.
Creamy Chipotle Dip Recipe
Right-click the image below to save and print for future reference. You can also pin this post to save it for later on Pinterest – use the buttons on the post or hover over the images to pin.
Now, let's get started with the recipe for the yummy baked chicken taquitos that pair perfectly with this dip!
Creamy Garlic Lime Baked Chicken Taquitos Recipe
These taquitos make a great after school snack, party appetizer, or even a light dinner entree!
Serve with Knorr Creamy Chipotle Dip and fresh lime wedges on a party platter.
Click the recipe card below to get a printable version of this recipe:Print
Garlic Lime Chicken Taquitos Recipe
Make these garlic lime taquitos for your next party!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 23 min
- Total Time: 53 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
For the chicken marinade:
- 6 raw chicken tenders, or 1 large chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 tsp. Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4. tsp. cumin
For the taquitos:
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 5 green onions, cut into small pieces, include the white sections
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 12 taco sized flour tortillas (use corn to make this recipe gluten-free)
- 6 oz. of Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- Add chicken and all marinade ingredients into a plastic bag. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Pour chicken and marinade into an oven safe casserole dish and bake for 18-23 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, but still moist. Remove from oven and shred chicken with two forks.
- Increase oven heat to 425ºF. Brush a baking sheet with olive oil or other expeller-pressed oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, green onions, and salsa. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Lay tortillas out flat. Spread 2 TBSP of meat mixture onto the left side of each tortilla. Top with 1 teaspoon of cheese. Roll tightly from the left side to the right to form a taquito. Lay on baking sheet and press down lightly on tortilla to help seal.
- Brush taquitos with olive oil to help crisp and then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1 taquito
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 986 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9 mg
- Protein: 14.4 g
- Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
Keywords: taquito, snack food, snacks, appetizers
Head into Walmart and stock up on Knorr Boullion to create the Creamy Chipotle Dip for these delicious baked chicken taquitos. If you live in the Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, San Antonio or Phoenix area, be sure to check with your local Walmart representative about a special Dia de los Muertos event going on at select stores. You’ll definitely want to bring the family out for this!
What's your favorite food to eat with dip? Please share in the comments section below 🙂
Jae | Dreaming of Leaving says
I seriously love taquitos and these look so yummy! Totally pinning, have a good one xo
These look SOOO good!
The chicken lime taquito recipe sounds very appetizing. I’d like to try to make some, and I would probably have them with avocado and sour cream and chopped tomatoes.