Flashback to Christmas morning and we needed a fast and easy breakfast that tastes great and can be used for multiple breakfast meals. You know, the family breakfast unicorn! The struggle for finding amazing, easy to make breakfasts is real for busy families. That's why we kept this sausage bake recipe super easy to make. For a family of four, this one easy breakfast casserole recipe lasts for 3 breakfast meals. That is, if the family doesn't eat it all in the first sitting!
Today I am also part of a blog hop all about breakfast recipes! So if you are looking for breakfast recipe ideas, you're totally in the right spot!
Be sure to scroll all the way to the end of this post to get to the list of recipe ideas. And to see how to make all this cheesy deliciousness!
Now, back to this delish breakfast bake!
Sausage Breakfast Bake Recipe
This casserole comes together in minutes, making it great for meal prep or any busy morning, like Christmas morning.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 tube of breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup half n half
- 1 can diced green chiles (small can)
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 bag of shredded hashbrown potatoes
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Whisk together eggs and cream.
- Add green chiles, onion, and spices to egg mixture. Whisk together.
- Spread hashbrown potatoes in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage over the potatoes.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and mix together.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes until egg is cooked and the cheese is golden brown.
Easy peasy delicious! Watch this video to see how to make this egg and sausage bake in minutes:
Serve with salsa and a delicious fresh fruit salad, like this Citrus Salad.
Yum! I'm kinda craving breakfast now! What's your favorite breakfast for meal prep? Let me know in the comments.
Want more breakfast recipes? Check out this LIST on today's Ultimate Recipe Blog Hop! Click the name after my link in the list to keep going through the hop in order.