I have seen soooooo many paper wreaths and I have to admit, alot of the time they look crazy! There are some real challenges in making a book page wreath and it totally looks easier than it is. I recently received some gorgeous gold spray paint and glitter spray paint from Krylon and knew it would be perfect for making a gorgeous gilded book page wreath for the holidays.
I used to offer a tutorial for making these wreaths in my online class, Dictionary Couture, but since I am no longer teaching that class, I felt it high time to spread the book page love. so grab an old enecylopedia and let's get to upcycling… here's how to make a gilded book page wreath for the holidays:
You'll need some supplies so I've created a handy dandy list here for you with some affiliate links to cool places to shop, like Amazon:
- Krylon ColorMaster Metallic Gold Indoor Spray Paint OR Krylon 8845 Dual Metallic Paint (this isn't the one I used but it will do the same trick)
- Bulk Buy: Krylon Glitter Blast Aerosol Paint 5.75 Ounces Golden Glow (2-Pack)
- Bulk Buy: Krylon Glitter Blast Aerosol Paint 5.75 Ounces Clear Sealer (3-Pack)
- MDF wreath form like these – 6 Pack, Biodegradable Floral Craft Ring, 6″, Ez Glueable Wreath Form, for Photo Frame, Candle Ring Etc
- Westcott Craft Mat
- Westcott 15154 Hobby Knife Titanium 5 Assorted Blade, Purple
- Hot Glue Gun
- Encyclopedia or other damaged book with stiff pages (not a dictionary or phone book)
I hope you enjoyed this project and learned a little about making those popular cone book page wreaths for yourself! You can use maps, music, wrapping paper, and even Kraft Paper to make these. Consider gilding just the edges of the wreath with spray paint if you like the look of the pages as they are.
Looking for more Krylon holiday inspiration with Kyrlon spray paint? Check out these videos from my fellow Krylon VLOG Collaborators!
Keep up with our crafty adventures by subscribing to the Hydrangea Hippo Crafty Newsletter.