Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own. Shredded beef is one of the most versatile essentials in Mexican cuisine. We use shredded beef to make tacos, enchiladas, on tostadas, on salads, and so much more. Shredded beef starts off as slow cooker Mexican pot roast. The leftovers are what are shredded and used in other dishes later. It's like a two-for-one deal: you get pot roast one night and a “shredded beef” dish the next day! This Mexican style slow cooker pot roast is a an amazingly flavorful and easy meal for busy families.
Like American pot roasts and slow cooker meals, this Mexican slow cooker pot roast has the basics like a beef roast and onions. But it also has peppers and amazing flavor from Knorr Caldo de Res Bouillon (Beef flavor Bouillon)!
Get all the ingredients you'll need to make this pot roast recipe, including Knorr Caldo de Res Bouillon (Beef flavor Bouillon), at Walmart:
Watch this video to see how to make this Slow Cooker Mexican Pot Roast. Then click the printable recipe below to make this tonight!
Slow Cooker Mexican Pot Roast with Knorr #SaboreaTuVerano
Slow cooker pot roast the whole family will love. This can be used for multiple meals and recipes.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 cube Knorr Caldo de Res Bouillon (Beef flavor Bouillon)
- Beef Roast
- 4 Ancho Chiles, soaked with stems and seeds removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 TBSP garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (garnish)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP salt
- 2 TBSP cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- Place the roast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the roast.
- Add spices.
- Add chopped vegetables.
- Prepare 1 cube Knorr Caldo de Res Bouillon (Beef flavor Bouillon) in 4 cups of hot water. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add 4 more cups of water to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat shreds with a fork.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 682.7 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6g
- Protein: 23.9 g
- Cholesterol: 83.9 mg
Keywords: Mexican Food, pot roast, slow cooker, beef
My family loves this slow cooker Mexican pot roast recipe because it means we are probably having tacos the next day! What's your favorite slow cooker meal? I'd love to hear all about it in the comments!