Good morning friends! I'm so glad you are here for one of my all-time favorite recipes: Sweet Potato Hash PALEO Eggs Benedict. When we made the test recipe, we gladly ate it for breakfast, lunch, and then breakfast again the next day! Oh yeah …. it is THAT GOOD!
When I heard that a group of bloggers was doing a potato recipe challenge, I wanted in. Eating paleo, we usually have yams or sweet potatoes. So yummy, right? The rich earthy flavor of yams are my personal favorite – they are so delicious, especially in this decadent recipe, paired with the egg, bacon, and hollandaise sauce. The kale or spinach at the base of the benedict helps to balance out the richness of this dish and add extra fiber.
Did you know that hollandaise sauce is paleo? It's one of my favorite sauces. This recipe has the kick of Tabasco Sauce in the hollandaise which gives it an extra layer of flavor!
Make this eggs benedict recipe ahead and enjoy it for several days!
This Sweet Potato Hash Eggs Benedict Recipe is SO easy to make and reheats well. Double the ingredients to make extra for breakfast the following day! CLICK the recipe box below to print this recipe:Print
Sweet Potato Hash Eggs Benedict Recipe
Paleo take on a classic breakfast eggs benedict with sweet potato hash instead of an English muffin.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes or yam, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium to large sweet potato or yam, cooked and mashed
- 4 eggs, poached
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 8 pieces of uncured bacon, cooked
- 1 Tbsp bacon grease reserved from cooking bacon
- 3 cups of fresh spinach or kale
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 dash of Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Mix the shredded potato with the mashed potato in a bowl until combined. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mold potato mixture into patties about 4″ wide.
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter in pan on medium heat until melted. Add patties. Cook patties 3-4 minutes on each side until edges are crispy and potato is cooked through.
- In another pan, cook the kale or spinach in 1 Tbsp bacon grease until wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To make hollandaise sauce: In a blender, combine egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, and Tabasco Sauce. Blend for 10 seconds until combined. Melt 1/2 cup of butter in the microwave. Turn the blender on high, pouring the hot butter into the mixture as it blends. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Stack about 1/4 cup of cooked kale or spinach in the center of a plate. Add the potato patty on top. Layer on two pieces of bacon.
- Poach an egg to place on top of each stack of ingredients.
- Spoon hollandaise sauce over top.
- Create 4 stacks total.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 712
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 1233 mg
- Fat: 59.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.3 g
- Protein: 24.3 g
- Cholesterol: 434.2 mg
Keywords: breakfast, benedict, eggs, sweet potato, paleo
Tip: If you don't like poached eggs (like me), make a fried egg or scrambled egg for the top of the eggs benedict.
I'd love to know if you try this recipe! It's a great source of fiber, is gluten-free, and tastes amazing.
Continue on the link up to see all of the other recipes here: