Inside: Love the Peanuts Gang and Charlie Brown? Learn how to join the Knott's PEANUTS Celebration and be part of a world record attempt with Charlie Brown!
Hundreds of Charlie Browns, all in one place? If you shouted “count me in” then you gotta get over to Knott's Berry Farm! I was invited by Knott's to check out the Knott's PEANUTS Celebration, an event put on every Spring by Knott's Berry Farm showcasing your favorite characters and stories from the PEANUTS Gang.
What is The PEANUTS Celebration?
Once a year, Knott's Berry Farm brings the PEANUTS comic strip to life during the PEANUTS Celebration, an event uniquely dedicated to celebrating our favorite PEANUTS characters!
Snap a pic in front of PEANUTS inspired decor
Knott's is decorated with PEANUTS inspired decor and vignettes referencing beloved PEANUTS stories. All of the decor is set up for creating fun PEANUTS-themed Instagram pics and moments. The entrance to Knott's Berry Farm has several photo ops, like this one:
Or this party photo backdrop in the heart of Camp Snoopy.
And you can also find your favorite PEANUTS characters and grab a photo with them.
Get exclusive PEANUTS Celebration merch
Find the coolest shirts and exclusive merch just for PEANUTS Celebration only at Knott's Berry Farm. You can grab lots of exclusive merch featuring your favorite PEANUTS characters, including special designs only available for the 2019 Knott's PEANUTS Celebration, like this PigPen shirt:
Grab the 2019 PEANUTS Celebration shirt for just $14.99!
When is PEANUTS Celebration?
Starting January 26, PEANUTS Celebration runs each weekend through March 20, 2019, including Presidents' Day on February 18, 2019. Admission to PEANUTS Celebration is included with admission to the Knott's Berry Farm park.
Check out these fun entertainment opportunities happening only at Knott's PEANUTS Celebration:
- PEANUTS Sketch School: Learn how to draw your favorite PEANUTS characters from real cartoonists at the Bird Cage Theater in Ghost Town
- Woodstock's Bird's-Eye View: go on a breathtaking journey high above PEANUTS Celebration with our favorite yellow bird
- PigPen's Play Pen: Head to the Livery Stable in Ghost Town for a petting zoo and photo opp with PigPen
- Woodstock's Music Festival: The PEANUTS gang and “The Jelly of the Month Club” band team up for a family-friendly, high energy rock concert the kids are gonna love!
- Trip to Beagle Bonanza: Board the Grand Sierra Railroad and take a journey with the PEANUTS gang to Reflection Lake.
- PEANUTS Cowboy Jamboree: Enjoy Old West themed family games with Franklin and Linus in Calico Park at Sparky's Ranch
- Space Beagle: Camp Snoopy's newest play is perfect for preschoolers, featuring Charlie Brown, Lucy, and Snoopy in a space themed adventure
- The Music Goes ‘Round and Around: Sally, Schroeder, and Snoopy dance all through the ages in this fun musical performance on the Calico Mine Stage
- Spike's Discoteca De Silencio: Strap on a set of headphones at the Fiesta Plaza for a NEW dance night experience with Snoopy's brother Spike!
What to Eat at PEANUTS Celebration
One of the things I love most about Knott's is their innovative and culturally savvy snacks for their festivals and events. Knott's PEANUTS celebration has American favorites we know and love as well as “PEANUTS” themed treats to enjoy.
Favorite snacks to eat
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling
- PB & J Cheesecake – this tastes like a peanut butter cup!
- Buffalo Chicken Fries at Calico Fry Company and La Papa Loca
- Snoopy Donuts:
- Chocolate frosted peanut donuts
- Fruity Pebbles donuts
- Lemon bars – these are super tart and sweet at the same time!
- Peppermint Patty Moon Pies
- Jellied Filled Peanut Butter Mini Bundt Cakes
- Charlie Brownies
- Fruity Pebbles Krispy Treats
- Fruit Loops Krispy Treats
- Jelly Bean Funnel Cakes
Some of these food items contain peanuts.
I spoke with one of the leads of Knott's Berry Farm's catering staff and they said that all of the restaurants and stands in the park have alternative menus for people with dietary restrictions and allergies. Check with each restaurant and notify staff to any allergies before ordering and they will happily accommodate you! I had no problem sticking to my keto diet while I was at the park.
Explore the menus here before you go: Knott's Dining
Hidden gems …
I've been to Knott's a bajillion times but I've been missing these hidden gems. If I've been missing them you, I figured you might too … so check this out:
Tucked behind Fiesta Village is a secret Panda Express!
Not only can you get delicious Panda Express inside of Knott's Berry Farm park but you can also try the most flavors of ICEE I've ever seen in one place:
And yes, they have boysenberry ICEE on tap!
Charlie Brown Day – Dress up and make a world record!
This Saturday February 3, 2019, Knott's is going to be attempting a world record … and you can be a part of it!
Dress up like Charlie Brown and head to Knott's. There you'll join hundreds of other Charlie Browns for a world record attempt of a photo with the most Charlie Browns in it. It's gonna the the Charlie Browniest photo of all!
DIY your own Charlie Brown Costume to Wear
Don't have a Charlie Brown shirt? You can pick one up on your way into the park at one of the many shops at Knott's Berry Farm.
Or you can create your own shirts with this DIY tutorial: How to make a Charlie Brown Costume
Let me know if we will see you there!
And tell me in the comments, who your favorite PEANUTS character is. Mine is Peppermint Patty!
Wanna save this idea? PIN it!
About the Author
Jennifer Priest is a 20+ year designer in the arts & crafts industry and home DIYer with a passion for creativity. An Army veteran raised on a ranch, from her experience, she shares smart DIY projects that save money and fun craft ideas that anyone can make. Besides blogging, Jennifer is a Master Practitioner and Trainer of NLP, Hypnosis, and MER, and coaches other online entrepreneurs on money mindset, business, and living an intentional life. When not blogging, Jennifer is having adventures in the wilderness, on road trips, playing with her cats, and making paleo food.