Inside: Learn how to make the most adorable personalized gift boxes that double as holiday decor … all using your Cricut Maker and Cricut Maker tools.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Surprises were a huge part of holiday gift giving in our family growing up. My parents loved a good scavenger hunt on Christmas morning, hiding clues for us to find and riddles to solve in order to identify to final location of our gift. This tradition continues in my home in a new way … I like to hide gifts throughout my home as part of my holiday decor.
Paper Cone Christmas Trees … with a Surprise Inside!
These delicate festive paper Christmas trees each have surprises inside! Each cone is filled with a different gift that guests can discover when they peel away the perforated tab on the bottom.
How to use these Candy Cones as Gifts
These paper Christmas trees look great as coffee table decor or on an entry table. Arrange them on a platter, nestled in epson salt “snow”.
Add each recipient's name using your Cricut Maker:
- Cut it from vinyl to create a sticker
- Use the Cricut markers to draw the name on to the bottom of the cone itself.
Consider these additional ideas for using these gift cones:
- Pass out as party favors
- Use for a gift exchange!
- Hand out to friends and family as they stop by for holiday visits
What to put inside a treat cone
These candy cones were initially designed to be filled with candy as birthday party favors. With Cricut Maker, you can cut these cones to any size you like, filling them with small and larger gifts alike.
Here are some ideas for gifts to place inside these treat cones:
- Small candles (I got the one I use here in Target's dollar spot)
- Candies (of course)
- Gift Cards – get even more gift card ideas here
- Money – get more ideas for giving money gifts here
- Lottery Tickets
- Car keys (hey, they don't have to be small gifts!)
- Coal (if they're naughty … lol)
- Chapstick, lotion, or other personal care items
How to make Paper Cone Christmas Trees with Cricut Maker
These trees are super easy to make with the Cricut Maker and the new Maker tools.
- Cricut Maker
- Basic Perforation Blade + QuickSwap™ Housing
- Cricut Scoring Wheel Tip
- Cricut StandardGrip Machine Mat
- Cardstock (2-3 sheets per cone)
- Tape adhesive
- Sequins, buttons, or pom poms to decorate (optional)
- Adhesive dots
- Gifts to place inside each cone
Why choose Cricut Maker?
Fabric, leather, paper, and balsa wood … Cricut Maker handles it all with effortless precision. No matter what kind of project you want to make, Maker allows you to use any material and cut, perforate, score, engrave, and more in minutes. You can even cut sewing patterns in just a few clicks.
Currently, Cricut Maker is the only Cricut machine I have … because it is does it all!
Make Christmas Tree Cones with Gifts Insides
- Choose the Birthday Candy Cone project from the Cricut Design Space and customize it as you like … or use the project I created here.
- Cut with Cricut Maker. Follow the directions in Design Space to change blade types. It's really incredible how easy it is to use the Maker Tools … you don't even have to think hard!
- Once the pieces are all cut, assemble. Fold the cones first, fill, and then add the bottoms to close.
- Use adhesive dots to add sequins and stars to the trees (or whatever embellishments you like to make them look like Christmas trees).
Nestle the trees in a bed of epson salt on a platter to create a pretty snowy scene.
These would be super gorgeous in a variety of colors … I'd love to do a scene of them in rainbow colors one year!
How do you create a unique, personalized gift giving experience for your family and friends during the holidays?