We love fall with all beautiful colors nature reveals! Although, fall also brings rain and colder weather. It’s a perfect opportunity to sit down and make autumn / fall craft with kids! Here you can find a selection of lovely crafts that will decorate your home throughout fall and Thanksgiving!
Some of the basic crafting supplies needed:
- Construction paper
- Glue Stick
Take a look at more detailed list for individual activities.
Let’s start with fun crafting for fall and Thanksgiving!
- To make a stunning looking decoration for fall, you don’t have to be a professional! Your kids will enjoy making this lovely leaf bowl from air drying clay, fired clay or even salt dough. Perfect for gift all year round, not only during fall!
- We love crafting from recycled materials and always have some on hand. It makes crafting much cheaper and easier. We used old newspapers to make an easy fall leaf garland to decorate our home. This is really a quick craft for kids, part taking the longest is waiting for paint to dry.
- If you want to do a quick craft with your kids and don’t have time to press leaves, you can choose to make leaf lanterns! This simple fall craft is great for kids of any age, from toddlers to school age kids. Let them admire their work when the lights go out!
- Folding paper is fun! And with simple folding you can make these lovely and easy fall leaves. Use them as a decoration: glue them on barren twigs or tie them into a garland. Or you can use them as a placecards for your Thanksgiving dinner!
- Next craft idea comes straight from the recycle bin! We always save egg cartons and this time, we used them to make adorable little egg carton turkey craft! This turkey treat holder will be a lovely decoration for your Thanksgiving table!
- You will adore this kawaii gratitude turkey bookmark! It’s is super cute and simple to make. Make a bunch with kids over Thanksgiving holiday!
- So many ways you can use turkey cones when done! Their original purpose is to be a Thanksgiving party hat but you can use them as decoration, a toy or even as a placeholder!
- For younger kids, toddlers and preschoolers, this simple to make dotty turkey is perfect! They can make their own colorful turkey while you prepare Thanksgiving feast.
- If you have one of those mini pumpkins laying around, invite kids to make their unique versions of pumpkin turkeys! They will surely enjoy it!
- Paint and frame! Even the youngest will have fun making fall tree art! It will also be a lovely decoration both for home or a classroom, if you decide to do this project with kids at school.
Do you like crafting with your kids?
If your kids are always asking for more, they will love ideas in a book Easy Paper Projects made by our friend Maggy from Red Ted Art! All the craft projects in this book are super simple and inexpensive to make with most basic crafting supplies. Great opportunity to set aside more time to craft and create memories with your kids …
What activities do your kids enjoy most?