When I got a pack of duck bacon in a bacon assortment from D'Artagnan Foods, I was not sure what to do with it. The other day we went out to dinner and Xaver ordered a Cobb Salad that was so delicious that I ended up eating half of it and skipped my entree. A salad it would be, for the duck bacon! A faint-worthy decadent duck bacon salad…
After running into Brian Hepp from Hepp's Salt Co at the Patchwork Show this weekend, we had everything we needed to make a truly decadent duck bacon salad that will be the star of your Christmas dinner menu.
I am typing this as I polished off a full plate of this salad and am about to fall into a serious food coma. I hope I got all the photos I need because the salad is long gone and I am literally about the faint from all the goodness that is D'Artagnan Foods Duck Bacon!
Xaver and I created this salad together, bringing in a bit of the richness of a Cobb with the egg, gorgonzola, and bacon and light sophistication of the pear, walnuts, and vinaigrette. Top that all off with a sprinkle of Hepp's Salt Co Roasted Garlic Sea Salt and well… It all starts with the “For the Love of Bacon” assortment from D'Artagnan Foods. If you have a bacon lover in your life, “For the Love of Bacon” is a must have gift for the holidays and is a great deal at the bundle price.
Treat yo self with this salad for a decadent lunch treat or kick off the Christmas dinner of a lifetime with this salad that is deceptively good. Here's a printable recipe:Print
Decadent Duck Salad
A rich, flavorful salad made with duck bacon.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 3 Strips D'Artagnan Foods Duck Bacon, cooked
- 2 cups of fresh arugula or baby greens
- 1 soft boiled egg
- 1/4 of Bosc Pear, julienned
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 pinch of Hepp's Salt Co Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp of Massey Honey Co. Orange Blossom Honey
- Mix the ingredients for the vinaigrette well.
- Toss the greens in the vinaigrette and place at the center of a plate.
- Add the pears, walnuts, and gorgonzola cheese.
- Slice the egg and place on the side of the plate.
- Top with 3 slices of cooked duck bacon.
- Sprinkle with Hepp's Salt Co Roasted Garlic Sea Salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 615
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 1033
- Fat: 50
- Saturated Fat: 11
- Unsaturated Fat: 35
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Protein: 24
- Cholesterol: 226
Keywords: Salad, duck bacon, bacon salad, duck salad
Find out more about Hepp's Salt Co:
Check out this other recipe we created with meats from D'Artagnan Foods:
Thanks so much for stopping by today.