Hello! If you're looking for Ikea Craft Rooms and Craft Organizing Ideas, you're in the right place!
This post contains affiliate links.
Why is IKEA the #1 craft storage source for crafters?
Search for any craft room online and you’re likely to see at least one IKEA product in the photos … And with good reason!
IKEA is a great place to get storage solutions for craft supplies and furniture for your craft room. Here's why:
IKEA's storage solutions are:
- Affordable. You save money by assembling things yourself. The prices go down over time, as the cost of design and development is reduced the longer an item is selling in IKEA stores.
- Minimalist. Most items are made to stack and have the minimalist Scandinavian design IKEA is known for.
Easy to use! Many solutions are ready go, right out of the store.
- Sleek Design. The Scandinavian design of most IKEA furniture and storage solutions blends with almost every decor style, from modern to farmhouse.
- Easy to clean. IKEA furniture and storage products are easy to clean and care for.
- Customizable. You can mix and match table legs, add a motor to create an adjustable table, swap out baskets for bins in the bookcases … IKEA storage solutions are customizable with many options to fit your exact needs.
Over the years, like many crafters, I have used IKEA as a go-to place to get storage solutions for my craft room. Every time I redesign my craft room space, IKEA is the first stop on my list!
The last time I updated my craft room, I got both my new desks at IKEA. And my entire “paint wall” was created with IKEA shelving … but I’ll get to showing you that more later *wink wink* …
Craft Organizing Ideas in Ikea Showrooms
Over the years I have used Ikea as a go-to place to get storage solutions for my craft room. The photo above is of a craft room display in an actual Ikea!
The Ikea showrooms really inspire with all their creative storage solutions. I'll be sharing more about this real Ikea craft room from the Ikea showroom on the last page of this tour.
Even if you don't love IKEA you can be inspired by these ideas to find storage solutions that work for your space.
Free Guide for the BEST Ikea Craft Rooms Organizing Solutions!
Subscribe to my newsletter list and get a FREE ONLINE GUIDE In your first email. The guide includes a breakdown of the IKEA products in the IKEA Craft Rooms featured here. The guide includes a list of the IKEA furniture or similar furniture shown in these IKEA Craft Rooms to help you outfit your space just like these rooms! Click the image below to get it now:
What if I don't have an IKEA store near me?
You can order online from IKEA's website if you don't live local to an IKEA store: Order online at IKEA.com. Plus, IKEA stores offer delivery options based on the distance from the closest IKEA retail store to your address.
But did you know that you can also order IKEA products from Amazon?! Yes, you can! Many of the links I share here are to Amazon because you can get free shipping on many Amazon items if you are a member of Amazon Prime. Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
Here are some other places where you can find IKEA furniture in your local area:
- CraigsList – or you can sell your used IKEA furniture there but beware, the value goes down as IKEA lowers their prices
- Facebook Marketplace – look for local people in your area selling their used IKEA furniture
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Local thrift shops
- Garage sales and yard sales. I sold one of my Expedit bookcases to a lady who drive an hour to my house to get it … she lives 3 hours from IKEA.
TIP: Want to SAVE MONEY the next time you go to IKEA? There's a secret to almost never paying full-price at Ikea!
Are you ready to go on a tour of some of the best IKEA craft rooms on YouTube? And see all of the BEST IKEA organizing ideas for craft spaces? CLICK HERE to get started…