Since I moved to a town without farmer's markets, I thought fresh flowers were a thing of the past. But then, I started getting fresh flowers delivered to my door from ProFlowers. I received three fall flower arrangements from ProFlowers' Hallowen Collection this week and, paired with a few pumpkins, I created this festive dining table centerpiece! This project is much easier than it looks and the pumpkins can be repurposed to make Jack-O-Lanterns in a few weeks when Halloween is here. Or place these on the Thanksgiving table! The colors totally work…
To fully create this look, I added candles, a vintage wine flask, cookies on a pretty plate, and assorted gourds and artisan pumpkins from the local grocery store. I also created a fabric table runner – I'll be sharing the tutorial for that in the next week!
Since I ordered the flowers from ProFlowers.com, I was able to choose a simple glass vase for each arrangement, making it easier to put this centerpiece together. Rather than use the pumpkins as the “vase”, I cut the pumpkins to allow the vase to sit inside the pumpkin. This will make the flowers last longer and the pumpkins will stay fresher, allowing them to be used for carving later in the month.
Dine with the flowers on the table or move them when hosting a party. I plan to move these to the ledge above my dining room when we're eating or playing board games. In the meantime, they make my dining room table look super pretty!
To create this look, I ordered 3 arrangements from ProFlowers' Halloween Collection: one ProFlowers – Deluxe Fall Harvest in a glass vase and two of the ProFlowers – Autumn Sunshine Centerpiece also in glass vases. Here's how I put it all together:
Here's how to create a DIY Pumpkin Centerpiece of your own:
- Order flowers from ProFlowers.com. Choose a short glass vase for each bouquet with your order.
- Select pumpkins that are about 2″ to 4″ taller than the vase. I found these at Walmart for under $20 for all three.
- Trace the vase onto the top of the pumpkin with a pen or with a knife.
- Cut out the traced circle, just slightly larger than the circle.
- Remove the seeds and strings from the inside of the pumpkin with a spoon.
- Cut the top of the pumpkin (removed part) flat and set inside as a platform for the vase to set on. Or use a bowl, turned upside down.
- Place the vase inside of the pumpkin.
- Add flower food (comes with your ProFlowers order) and water to fill the vase to about 2″ below the top.
- Trim the ends of the flowers and arrange in the vase.
- Add sheet moss around the top of the pumpkin to cover the cut edge.
- Arrange on your table and enjoy!
Consider separating the flowers into smaller arrangements to fill smaller pumpkins for a smaller table or for around the house.
- ProFlowers – Deluxe Fall Harvest
- ProFlowers – Autumn Sunshine Centerpiece x 2
- 3 Large Pumpkins
- Sheet Moss
How would you use ProFlowers to decorate your home for fall? Leave me a comment in the comments section!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out all of our 30 Days of Halloween videos and posts over on our YouTube channel.
Click the box in the comments section to sign up for my monthly newsletter, full of crafty goodness.