This post is sponsored by Pebbles Cereal. All opinions are 100% my own.
Put a twist on mason jar party decor with these DIY scented mason jar photo holders. These mason jar centerpieces are an easy way to show off your favorite photos but they have an extra special surprise; they’re peanut butter and chocolate scented. We’re using the delicious flavor of Peanut Butter & Cocoa Pebbles™ Cereal to give these mason jar photo holders a beachy, summer feel and yummy scent!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scented Crafts?
Peanut butter cups are my absolute most favorite candy so it was really hard to make this craft … the Peanut Butter & Cocoa Pebbles cereal smells so YUMMY I had to stop myself from eating it all! My son Matthew also loves peanut butter cups and when he smelled these scented mason jar photo holders, he said, “Woah! That smells AMAZING!” So, you've been warned … these smell DELICIOUS. Buy an extra box of Peanut Butter & Cocoa Pebbles Cereal just in case you snack on it too much while making this project *wink wink*.
For more fun Craft Ideas with Pebbles Cereals, visit the websites:
Pebbles cereal wants to inspire kids to start learning! Visit Pebbles cereal new website, “Yabba Dabba Doo’ something: a collection of DOO’s“.
Mason Jar Centerpiece Ideas … with a twist
We’re getting ready for grilling season by making these fun mason jar photo holders scented with Peanut Butter Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles cereals. Whether you are making beach wedding table decorations or nautical centerpieces for a birthday party, there are so many ways to make a DIY mason jar photo holder.
Here are some ideas for ways to use these mason jar photo holders:
- Birthday party centerpiece
- Graduation party centerpiece
- Graduation gift – hide gift cards or cash behind the photo!
- Nautical or Beach themed party (*think baby shower!)
Put these on your patio table at your next barbecue. Need a patio? Check out this DIY project!
How to make mason jar photo holders
These mason jar photo holders are really easy and affordable to make. But first, I want to share another idea for using this scented mason jar idea beyond mason jar photo holders.
DIY Mason Jar Luminaries
I’ve seen some super cute luminaries made by adding an inch or two of sand to the bottom of a mason jar with a few seashells and a tea light candle. Instead of using sand in the mason jar, why not use Pebbles Cereal? One of the things I love about crafting with Pebbles Cereal is that the scent of the cereal comes through, even days after the project has been finished and out.
You can use any Pebbles Cereal to make these mason jar photo holders. For a birthday party mason jar centerpiece, choose the birthday boy or girls' favorite Pebbles Cereal flavor.
If you like making crafts with photos, you're gonna love this project!
Supplies to make a scented mason jar photo holder
Gather these supplies to make your own mason jar photo holders:
- Peanut Butter & Cocoa Pebbles™ Cereal
- Ball® Collection Elite® Design Series Spiral Jars, wide mouth with lids and bands
- photos, printed 5″ x 7″ or larger
- pencil or marker
- baker's twine
For this project I chose to use a twisted, spiral style mason jar. You can also make this craft with smaller or larger jars and even jars in different colors, like blue. Or you can use the cutest little tiny mason jars, like these.
Photo ideas for a party centerpiece:
Also, silly photos are going to make these alot more fun! If you don't have silly photos, consider using these types of photos:
- Beach party – use photos of your family at the beach
- Birthday party – use photos of the party boy or girl growing up. Line up the mason jars in order so everyone can see how they've grown
- Graduation party – gather up fun action photos of the graduate over the years. Or even use photos of them in school and studying.
We took these silly photos of my son looking at ice cream and other snacks … it looks like he is looking at the cereal!
How to make this DIY mason jar photo holder party decor
Watch this video to see how to make this easy DIY mason jar centerpiece project:
Wanna watch this on YouTube? Click here!
- Print photos slightly larger than the mason jars, usually 5″ x 7″.
- Lay the mason jar over the photo, centering it over the subject in the photo.
- Trace the mason jar onto the photo.
- Using scissors, cut out the photo on the inside of the outline of the mason jar. Make sure no pencil or marker lines show on the edge of the photo.
- Gently insert the photo into the mason jar.
- Pour Peanut Butter & Cocoa Pebbles™ Cereal into the jar, filling it about one inch from the bottom.
- Add the band but not the lid.
- Wrap baker's twine around the lid two to three times and tie in a bow.
Are you going to make these yummy scented mason jar photo holders? Let me know in the comments below!
THE FLINTSTONES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Hanna-Barbera. (s18)
Pin this project to SAVE it for later!
Victoria @DazzleWhileFrazzled says
Very fun and cute idea! I have three kiddos who would love to be treated to some fun cereal like that.