Inside: 30+ ways to use the IKEA Raskog cart to organize your home, crafts, and your life!
Raskog Ikea carts are a favorite organizing tool for craft rooms. But you can use Raskog carts in so many different ways, and not just for craft supplies!
We love Raskog carts because they're:
- come in really cool colors to match any style or home decor
- easy to assemble with basic tools
- great for small spaces
I scoured the interwebs and gathered the best ideas for how to use Raskog carts in your craft room and the whole house. But first, what is a “Raskog”?
What Is A Raskog Cart, anyways?
An Ikea kitchen trolley, the ”Raskog”, is a 3 tier metal utility cart that has crafters everywhere going bonkers to get one. But there are so many ways to use a Raskog cart beyond crafts.
Where to get a Raskog Cart
Raskog carts are made exclusively by Ikea. You can purchase your Raskog at the store or online.
The Raskog utility cart is so popular that many companies have started making knock-off Raskog carts. Here are some of the knock-offs I've found:
- Target utility cart (and they have a round one too!)
- Michael's Lexington Cart (made by Darice)
- Michael's Gramercy Cart (with pegboard side)
- We R Memory Keepers Cart
- SR Home & Office Cart from Costco
I have two of the original IKEA Raskog carts because I have found they are more durable and solidly built that the knock-offs.
Some people believe the knock-offs are cheaper but the Raskog costs LESS than the knock-offs in my experience. In fact, I picked up my black Raskog, that I use in my laundry room for cleaning supplies, in IKEA's As-Is section of the store for only $18!
This is 100% why I always make the As-Is section my first stop on every IKEA trip *wink wink*. Read more about IKEA's amazing As-Is section here.
What can you use a Raskog for?
I have two Raskog carts that I use in different places in my house. You can use a Raskog for whatever you want … even as a plant holder!
Here's how to use the 3 tiers of the Raskog:
- Top tier – most used items or tall items
- Middle tier – frequently used short items
- Bottom tier – less frequently used items or bulk storage
How to Set Up a Raskog Craft Cart
I use my first Raskog as a mobile tool caddy that I can roll around my craft room! You can keep all your supplies in the Raskog, store the cart when you’re not using it, and then roll it out when you are ready to craft.
Here's what I store in my Raskog:
- Top tier: paint brushes and tall items inside of metal cups
- Middle tier: acrylic stamping blocks, bottles of decoupage medium and glue
- Bottom tier: hot glue sticks and other bulk items
I added S hooks and cups to the sides for additional storage.
Mobile Cleaning Supply Storage with Raskog
My second Raskog is full of cleaning supplies in my laundry room. It rolls under the counter for storage and we can roll it out when cleaning the house. Here's what's in the Raskog I use for cleaning supplies:
- Top tier – tall bottles of cleaning supplies
- Middle tier – shorter cleaning supplies I use less often
- Bottom tier – filters, vacuum bags, and less used cleaning items
Get More Storage with These Raskog Accessories
Use these IKEA accessories to help organize the contents of your Raskog cart and create even more storage space:
- Hooks: use these to hang Cricut mats, plexi grid rulers, and more from the side of your Raskog
- S hooks: IKEA actually sells these under the SUNNERSTA line but you can also use S hooks like these from the hardware store
- Cups: SUNNERSTA containers are plastic cups with a lip that hooks over the side of the Raskog cart
- Shelves: SUNNERSTA shelves can be hooked to the side of the Raskog for additional storage, like a tray.
- Baskets: The OMAR clip on basket hooks onto the long sides of the Raskog cart to create storage off the side
- Metal cans: SOCKER plant pots are great for holding paint brushes and scissors in the top tier of the Raskog
- Jars: Ball jars or IKEA 365+ jars can be used to hold small items
- Trays: IKEA has lots of divided trays you can use in the top of the Raskog. Just be sure to measure before buying
- Magnetic canisters with lids: magnetic spice canisters are great for organizing small supplies and can be attached to the Raskog's sides
35 More Totally Genius Ways to Use Your Raskog Cart
I put together over 35 RASKOG Ikea Cart Hacks for your house that will have you asking “why didn't I think of that”?
How To Use An Ikea Raskog Cart For Craft Supplies
It's easy to see why IKEA's Raskog cart is a favorite among crafters:
- The cart rolls
- It's metal so it's easy to clean
- You can spray paint it any color
- It fits most bottles of craft supplies
- You can hook cups and baskets to the side for more storage
Some crafters have multiple Raskog carts, creating one for each craft type do, such as a scrapbooking or knitting.
The Raskog tiers are the perfect size to hold all your craft supplies in arms' reach and easily in view.
We love how pretty these pastel RASKOG carts look. Spray paint your cart to match your decor and style.
Check out these creative ideas for craft storage:
Ikea Raskog Makes A Great Makeup Vanity
Makeup storage can get cluttered quickly. The versatile Raskog helps you keep everything organized in one portable storage cart.
Add side attachments to hold curling irons and blow dryers for a portable salon.
Add labels on the side of each tier of the cart … be still my organization-loving heart!
Raskog Cart For Sewing Supplies
Keep all your yarn and knitting tools together in a colorful display inside your Raskog.
This cart is just the right size to hold a sewing machine on top. Use the remaining shelves for all your fabric.
Raskog Used As A Kitchen Utility Cart
Did you know the Raskog is actually a kitchen utility cart?
Store all your cleaning supplies and move this from room to room to make cleaning a breeze.
Or use the Raskog to store all your extra pantry items for quick and easy access.
Raskog Cart For Nursery
Organize the diaper changing area, baby's clothes, and more in a nursery with Ikea Raskog.
Raskog Shoe Storage
Keep the Raskog cart by your front door to store shoes and outdoor accessories, like a mobile mud room:
Raskog Bar Cart, Drink Stations, and Snack Stations
Mingle with guests while you serve drinks from your Raskog bar cart.
Or create a hot cocoa bar on a snow day or for your holiday party, storing all of the goodies in your Raskog cart.
If you have younger children or even teenagers at home, a mobile snack station could be just the ticket. Fill the Raskog with healthy snacks so the kids can pack their lunches directly from the cart.
Raskog Bedroom And Bathroom Storage
Have a small bathroom with limited storage? The Raskog Cart keeps all the toiletries neatly organized with a small footprint.
Or use Raskog Cart used as a nightstand. Keep your favorite books within reach for night time reading.
Turn the top tier over to create a shelf to use the cart as a laptop station. Keep files or papers that you are working on right beneath for easy access. Move from room to room wherever you are working.
Create a mobile green feature by storing plants in your wheeled Raskog and moving them to the sunny spots in your house.
Raskog Cart To Organize Kids Crafts
Organize the kids' craft supplies or homeschooling curriculum with the Raskog cart.
Or store books in the Raskog for a mobile library.
How are you using your Raskog?
Now that you know what “Raskog” is all about, show us how you are using your RASKOG Cart – share your pics in the Best Craft Rooms Facebook Group. We love to see creative storage ideas!
Like this post? Please share it on Facebook and Pinterest: