This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsMakeSmores #CollectiveBias #sponsored
There's a trend to make everything gourmet and why not? We recently went to a waffle restaurant that had an “Elvis Waffle Sandwich” on the menu. I thought it was amazingly delicious. So when the kids started asking for us to make s'mores around the firepit in our new patio area, I wanted it to be extra special. During the summer we've started a tradition of gathering in our backyard for after-dinner relaxation. S'mores make a great weeknight dessert and are a great way to connect with one another in the summer evenings. Why not have a s'mores party and invite the neighbors over too? We decided to make an Elvis S'mores “bar” where everyone could create their own custom take on s'mores using Elvis inspired ingredients.
The best s'mores start with great ingredients. We chose Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars, Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares, and Kraft's Jet Puffed Marshmallows as the base for creating this s'mores recipe. You can find all of these ingredients at your local Walmart stores. We found this display in the seasonal section of our Hesperia, CA Walmart store near all of the summer fun, pool, and beach gear:
We also added some additional ingredients, including bacon, peanut butter, and bananas. Everyone knows Elvis loved peanut butter and bananas and well, the bacon, that just adds a savory salty kick that is incredibly delicious.
Unwrap the Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars, Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares, and Kraft's Jet Puffed Marshmallows and place onto a tray.
Cook the bacon thoroughly and cut it into 3″ long strips. Drain well. Slice the banana into 3″ long sections. Place the bananas and bacon on the tray. Then slice each section into thin slices. Add a dollop of peanut butter to the tray with a small spread knife.
Start a wood burning fire in a firepit, taking care to observe proper fire safety guidelines.
While the wood is turning into coals, you can enjoy the outdoors and have a little conversation with the neighbors and family. Never leave an open fire unattended. There are other ways to enjoy s'mores without a wood burning fire, such as using charcoal in a barbecue grill or over the stove indoors. Just choose the way that works best for your family.
Once the coals are ready, it's s'mores time! Spread a thin layer of peanut butter onto one side of each Honey Maid Graham Cracker Square. Place banana slices on one of the Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares to prepare the Honey Maid Graham Cracker Square for the marshmallows.
We created a handy dandy video sharing how to make this Elvis S'mores recipe and how to get perfectly toasted marshmallows. Check it out here:
Our tips for perfectly toasted marshmallows:
- Use two Kraft's Jet Puffed Marshmallows per s'more.
- Hold the s'more fork parallel with the ground. If you hold the fork from up high and hang the marshmallows into the fire, they may slide off the fork when they start melting.
- Keep the marshamllows out of the flame – they will toast to a light brown rather than lighting on fire and becoming blackened. Unless you like blackened marshmallows…
Once the marshmallow is toasted, place it onto the Honey Maid Graham Cracker Square with the bananas on it. Press the marshmallows down with a section of Hershey's Milk Chocolate and slide the fork out from the marshmallows.
Lay two pieces of cooked bacon on top of the Hershey's Milk Chocolate and place the second peanut buttered Honey Maid Graham Cracker Square on top, gently squeezing the layers together to complete the Elvis S'more.
We've created a printable recipe for you to use to make these Elvis S'mores any time you like. We think they're great for a party outdoors and even on a camping trip!Print
Delicious decadent S'mores the King himself would love, with bacon, bananas, and peanut butter of course!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box of Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares
- 8 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 bag Kraft's Jet Puffed Marshmallows
- 4 Bananas
- 12 slices of Bacon, Cooked
- 4 TBSP Peanut Butter
- Cut bananas into 3″ long thin slices.
- Cook bacon, drain. Cut bacon into 3″ long strips.
- Arrange all ingredients on a tray.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter onto each graham cracker square.
- Lay banana slices on one graham cracker square.
- Toast marshmallows in an open flame, preferrably over a fire pit.
- Press the marshmallows onto the graham cracker square with the bananas on it.
- Press a section of chocolate onto the marshmallows.
- Lay two strips of bacon atop the chocolate.
- Add the second graham cracker square, with the peanut butter facing down.
- Serving Size: 1 s'more
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 21.6
- Sodium: 389.7
- Fat: 13.3
- Carbohydrates: 48.1
- Protein: 6.3
- Cholesterol: 14.3
Keywords: S'mores, smores, dessert, camping, campfire, elvis
What would you add to your s'mores to kick them up a notch for a weeknight dessert? Please share in the comments!